Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by re...@raleigh.ibm.com on 1999/07/13 21:21:42 UTC

Re: general/2510: Apache stalls after getting a few requests by Net_Vampire/2.4

[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]

Synopsis: Apache stalls after getting a few requests by Net_Vampire/2.4

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: rederpj@raleigh.ibm.com
State-Changed-When: Tue Jul 13 12:21:38 PDT 1999
State-Changed-Why:
I have tried to duplicate this problem using Net Vampire 3.3
and Apache 1.3.5, and 1.3.7-dev. I have beat on the server
continuously from several machines (1 with Net Vampire doing
a half dozen different timed downloads, the rest using netscape)
without any problem.

Is it possible for you to upgrade to a more recent version of
Apache? If not, would it be possible for you to try installing
a 3.3 version of Net Vampire and test it with that? This might
help narrow it down to a fix in their code or a fix in our code.

I cannot find an older version of Net Vampire so I don't know
if they fixed something in their code or Apache fixed something
between 1.3.0 and now.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Paul J. Reder  (rederpj@raleigh.ibm.com)

Re: general/2510: Apache stalls after getting a few requests by Net_Vampire/2.4

Posted by Vincent Renardias <vi...@ldsol.com>.
On 13 Jul 1999 rederpj@raleigh.ibm.com wrote:

> Synopsis: Apache stalls after getting a few requests by Net_Vampire/2.4
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
> State-Changed-By: rederpj@raleigh.ibm.com
> State-Changed-When: Tue Jul 13 12:21:38 PDT 1999
> State-Changed-Why:
> I have tried to duplicate this problem using Net Vampire 3.3
> and Apache 1.3.5, and 1.3.7-dev. I have beat on the server
> continuously from several machines (1 with Net Vampire doing
> a half dozen different timed downloads, the rest using netscape)
> without any problem.
>
> Is it possible for you to upgrade to a more recent version of
> Apache? If not, would it be possible for you to try installing
> a 3.3 version of Net Vampire and test it with that? This might
> help narrow it down to a fix in their code or a fix in our code.
>
> I cannot find an older version of Net Vampire so I don't know
> if they fixed something in their code or Apache fixed something
> between 1.3.0 and now.

I had this problem on one machine at my workplace, but I've switched jobs
since then, and don't have access to this machine anymore. I guess you can
close this bug report...

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -