Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by brahim brahim <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/28 10:46:14 UTC

converting xerces to xalan

Hello,

I work on a project that uses xerces. Now, we need to add an XPath 1.0
parser, so we decided to use Xalan.

It seems to me that I need to rewrite all the parsing done with xerces, as
well as the tree structure, with xalan. In all the examples I saw, Xalan is
used to parse the xml file and not Xerces.

Is there any way to evaluate an Xpath expression in a xercesDocument,
knowing that what I need is not a node in the xml tree but the
value(string) it contains(so no need to convert back the result from
XalanNode to XercesNode)?

Thanks for your help

Brahim