Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@mbcli.com> on 2011/08/30 17:09:12 UTC

HSLF vs. XSLF

I have to do some automated power point modifications to an existing
template file (PPTX, although it has no PPTX features being used).
What I need to do is find and duplicate slides, find and replace text,
insert a couple of graphics (bar, pie charts).  The "master" is nicely
setup, with various types of master templates.

At this point, is it worth working with XSLF if no features are being
used?  Or am I better off sticking with OLE for now until we can improve
XSLF further?

Thanks.

Aram

Re: HSLF vs. XSLF

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.

> Thanks nick, exactly what I needed.   Do you have any code (other than the 1
> example) that is using XSLF?

I think the best XSLF examples are unit tests:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/ooxml/testcases/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/

Yegor

.pptx using java

Posted by ankita_me <an...@gmail.com>.
hello,
Im new to apache-POI API. i wish to convert .pptx files into .ppt using
java. can this be done. .pptx features may not be visible, its not an issue.
Can you suggest me some code to convert ppts files into images.

Re: HSLF vs. XSLF

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:
> Thanks nick, exactly what I needed.  Do you have any code (other than
> the 1 example) that is using XSLF?

Only for text extraction:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/trunk/tika-parsers/src/main/java/org/apache/tika/parser/microsoft/ooxml/XSLFPowerPointExtractorDecorator.java

I think Yegor has been doing quite a bit of work lately on writing /
editing .pptx files, hence the recent commits of his to improve XSLF!

Nick

Re: HSLF vs. XSLF

Posted by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@mbcli.com>.

Re: HSLF vs. XSLF