Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Brian France <li...@firehawksystems.com> on 2002/07/26 20:08:07 UTC

mod_perl with a perl built with -Dusethreads, will it work?

I sent this to the mod_perl mailing, but also wanted to know how
Embperl works with a perl built with threads?  (Version 1.x and 2.x)
Is anybody using mod_perl and Embperl with a perl built with
-Dusethreads?

Thanks,

Brian

------

I would like to install Sendmail::Milter which needs a perl built
with thread support.  Last time I tried to use a perl built with
thread support (5.6.x), mod_perl didn't like it.  Is this still the
case with 5.8.0? Is anybody using mod_perl with a perl built with
-Dusethreads?

Thanks,

Brian

--
Linux 2.4.18
libc 2.1.3

Re: mod_perl with a perl built with -Dusethreads, will it work?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

Embperl works with a Perl that is compiled with -Dusethreads, as long as you
don't try to really use Embperl from different threads at the same time. As
far as I know this is the same for mod_perl 1. (mod_perl 2 supports ithreads
with Perl 5.8.0, Embperl will soon do this, so you can use Embperl from
multiple threads at the same time)

Gerald