Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/09/27 17:01:50 UTC

[CRYPTO] Drop support for Java 7?

Any concerns with dropping support for Java 7 in the next release of
commons-crypto? Are there any rules about not doing that kind of thing
in a "minor" release?

I was trying to fix up the Travis builds to work on JDK7 but it seems
that Travis's support for JDK7 is kinda broken at the moment... and I
don't even know where to download the JDK anymore if I need to prepare
a release.

--
Marcelo

Re: [CRYPTO] Drop support for Java 7?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Yes, I've asked about that (and make) on builds@; so far no response.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks! If I find some time I'll try to figure out the Windows build.
From the comments I saw it seems to need mingw. But first I need to

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.