Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jon Baer <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/13 15:47:19 UTC

Reseting doc boosts

Hi,

Im trying to figure out if there is an easy way to basically "reset" all of any doc boosts which you have made (for analytical purposes) ... for example if I run an index, gather report, doc boost on the report, and reset the boosts @ time of next index ...

It would seem to be from just knowing how Lucene works that I would really need to reindex since its a attrib on the doc itself which would have to be modified, but there is no easy way to query for docs which have been boosted either.  Any insight?

Thanks.

- Jon

Re: Reseting doc boosts

Posted by Jon Baer <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I ended up created a "boosted" field for @ least debugging, but might patch / extend / create my own FieldNormModifier using just that criteria + doing the reset.

- Jon

Re: Reseting doc boosts

Posted by Jon Baer <jo...@gmail.com>.
This looks exactly like what I was needing ... this looks like it would be a great tool / addition to Solr web interface but it looks like it only takes (Directory d, Similarity s) (vs. subset collection of documents) ...

Either way great find, thanks for your help ...

- Jon

Re: Reseting doc boosts

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.

Re: Reseting doc boosts