Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org> on 2002/11/19 22:23:43 UTC

to tag or not to tag

Well - unless anyone has last moment reservations, I think I'm going to
tag it "release-3-0-1" some time RSN...

Grisha

Re: to tag or not to tag

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
--On Tuesday, November 26, 2002 5:39 PM -0500 "Gregory (Grisha)
Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org> wrote:

> It's been tagged and the tarball is available at:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython/dev/mod_python-3.0.1.tgz
>
> Please test it out and give feedback to the list.

Passes 'make check' on Darwin.  +1 for release.

But, there's a caveat to the Darwin support - see next message.  =)
-- justin

Re: to tag or not to tag

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
I did find a small problem - one of my latest patches introduces an if
statement using sizeof(long long) when dealing with apr_off_t (which can
be either long or long long and requires either PyLong_FromLong or
PyLong_FromLongLong). Apparently M$ compiler doesn't support long long.

But I'm inclined not to consider this a stopper since people who have an
MS compiler probably are smart enough to comment those lines out, while
most windows users expect to use a precompiled binary, which I'll make.

We can fix it for 3.0.2, it seemes like the portable way to do this is to
use the HAVE_LONG_LONG from pyconfig.h...

Grisha

Re: to tag or not to tag

Posted by Peter Hawkins <pe...@hawkins.emu.id.au>.
Hi...

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:39 am, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:
> It's been tagged and the tarball is available at:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython/dev/mod_python-3.0.1.tgz
>
> Please test it out and give feedback to the list.

It builds fine and passes the test suite for python 2.2 (linux, i386,
debian sid).
It does not work with the python 2.3 that is currently in sid but
that's not really a problem since it hasn't been released yet (ie.
it's probably not your problem).

Debian packages are at:
http://people.debian.org/~peterh/mod_python/

Please test them (_not_ the libapache2-mod-python2.3 package, I _know_
it's broken). I will upload these packages to debian unstable more or
less as-is once 3.0.1 is officially announced.

=)
Peter

--
peter@hawkins.emu.id.au aka peterh@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint:

Re: to tag or not to tag

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
It's been tagged and the tarball is available at:

http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/modpython/dev/mod_python-3.0.1.tgz

Please test it out and give feedback to the list.

The easiest way to do this is the usual
./configure --with-apxs=blah; make; make install

then

$ cd test
$ python test.py

If it works OK, we will send out the announcement and move the tarball to