Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com> on 2007/07/26 20:46:35 UTC

[Axis2] Extra characters in HTTP request

I'm trying to use Axis2 as the client to a SOAP service supplied by an
external system (RemObjects5 / Delphi).  Because of certain problems,
I've backed off a bit to test Axis2 itself, and I'm bothered by some
extra characters that appear in the the HTTP requests and responses sent
by Axis.

I posted a quick session as captured by TCPMon to

     http://scott.sauyet.com/issues/2007-07-26a/axis2_patron_soap.txt

Here is the request, with the actual SOAP elided:

     POST /axis2/services/PatronService?wsdl HTTP/1.1
     Host: 127.0.0.1:7453
     Transfer-Encoding: chunked

     17a
     <?xml  ... ><soap .../>
     0

My problem is with the lines before and after the XML payload.  One is
the characters "17a"; the other the character "0".  This wreaks havoc
with the server which doesn't know what to do with them.

Can someone explain what they're doing there and how to get rigd of
them?  Is it even possible?

Thank you very much,

   -- Scott

Re: [Axis2] Extra characters in HTTP request

Posted by Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> On 7/26/07, Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com> wrote:
>> I'm bothered by some extra characters that appear in the the HTTP
>> requests and responses sent by Axis.
> http://wso2.org/library/952

Perfect.  Thank you very much.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.