Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com> on 2018/10/08 14:29:29 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Upcoming Cassandra-related Conferences

Thank you. I do want to hear about future conferences. I would also love to hear reports/summaries/highlights from folks who went to Distributed Data Summit (or other conferences). I think user conferences are great!

Sean Durity

Posted by Peter Corless <pe...@scylladb.com>.
Hey folks!

Sean: I did a blog on DIstributed Data Summit
<https://www.scylladb.com/2018/09/19/overheard-at-distributed-data-summit/>.
On top of the Scylla-oriented content, I covered Nate's keynote and
highlighted the sidecar talk by Netflix (incl. YouTube video for anyone who
wanted to watch it after-the-fact). I'd be interested to read & compare any
other similar blogs on the event. (Summit-as-Rashomon, as it were.)

Max: Thanks for the shout-out on Scylla Summit
<https://www.scylladb.com/summit-2018-schedule/>. Besides Scylla-oriented
tracks, we'll also have presentations from Kong, Kafka (KSQL), KairosDB for
time-series, OpenNMS, and Red Hat talking about rebuilding Ceph on the
Seastar framework.

-Pete.

--
Peter Corless