Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by FEITO Nazareno <fe...@obsequie.com.ar> on 2000/04/28 16:56:45 UTC

Apache Redirection

May be this isn´t exactly the question for this mailing list, if it is to
that way please tell me, but I really need help with this.
I have a problem loading pictures on IE5, www.obsequie.com and
www.obsequie.com.ar ->(this redirect to www.obsequie.com) is having troubles
with load images from IE5, with Netscape all is ok but with IE5 no images on
the screen, is a problem about apache?
This one, when i put www.obsequie.com it redirect me to:
www.obsequie.com/scripts/formato/home.phtml on IE5 no pictures but if I add
.ar after .com it loads the pictures on both navigators, i can´t understand
what´s de problem. Thanks for your help buddies, see yaaaa :)

Nazareno
Perl Programmer www.obsequie.com
feito@obsequie.com.ar

Re: Apache Redirection

Posted by Ime Smits <im...@iae.nl>.
| I have a problem loading pictures on IE5, www.obsequie.com and
| www.obsequie.com.ar ->(this redirect to www.obsequie.com) is having
troubles
| ith load images from IE5, with Netscape all is ok but with IE5 no images
on
| the screen, is a problem about apache?

If you even get MSIE not to recognise things, you propably messed up real
bad. Most of the time, IE accepts about anything - and thus masquerade the
fact that something is really wrong. It's the only browser I know which
totally refuses to obey any standards in the returned headers and makes it's
own decision: processing a text/plain or even image/* document as html as
soon as it sees a <html> tag, accepting images just because somewhere in the
datastream it recognises something, regardless of content-type headers etc.
etc. etc.