Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Martin Veith <Ma...@bmw-carit.de> on 2012/12/18 10:10:56 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Etch podling from Apache Incubator

This is a call for vote to graduate the Apache Etch podling from Apache Incubator.

The Apache Etch project entered the Incubator in September 2008.
Since then it has had ups and downs but we feel ready for graduation now.
Our community, though small, is active and healthy.

In the past four years we have grown the community in committers and users (e.g. in the automotive domain).
We made significant improvements to the project codebase and completed several releases according to the ASF guidelines.

The community (including our mentors and shepherds) has voted to proceed with graduation [1], the result can be found at [2].
Discussion and voting for the proposed resolution is also available at [3] and [4].
Please find the proposed board resolution below.

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Etch podling from Apache Incubator
[ ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Apache Etch podling
[ ] -1 Reject graduation of Apache Etch podling from Apache Incubator because ...

Thanks,
Martin

[1] http://s.apache.org/etch-graduation-vote
[2] http://s.apache.org/etch-graduation-vote-result
[3] http://s.apache.org/etch-resolution-proposal
[4] http://s.apache.org/etch-proposal-vote-result

Resolution:
X. Establish the Apache Etch Project

       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
       the public, related to a cross-platform, language- and
       transport-independent RPC-like messaging framework for
       building and consuming network services.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Etch Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Etch Project be and hereby is
       related to a cross-platform, language- and
       transport-independent RPC-like messaging framework for
       building and consuming network services;
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Etch" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache Etch Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache Etch Project; and be it further

       Apache Etch Project:

        * Scott Comer                <sc...@apache.org>
        * Martijn Dashorst       <da...@apache.org>
        * Michael Fitzner          <fi...@apache.org>
        * Youngjin Park             <yp...@apache.org>
        * Martin Veith               <ve...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Martin Veith
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Etch, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Etch PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Etch Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Etch Project be and hereby
       Incubator Etch podling; and be it further

       Incubator Etch podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Etch podling from Apache Incubator

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
+1. Let's go etch!

Posted by Martin Veith <Ma...@bmw-carit.de>.
Hello Mark,

thank you for your feedback!

Mark Struberg wrote on 2012-12-18:
> Looks good in general, but a few things need to be updated before you
> are finished:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/etch.html
>
> contains still quite a lot TBD. I guess most are resolved and only
> needs updating in SVN [1]

I updated the status page already this morning, but I forgot to publish the site. Now it's live.

Best Regards,
Martin

Posted by Martin Veith <Ma...@bmw-carit.de>.
Hello Mark,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
all necessary TBD in the status file got filled.

proposal looks fine.

+1 and good luck!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Martin!

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 Graduate Apache Etch podling from Apache Incubator

(binding)

Martijn

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Etch podling from Apache Incubator

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Martin!

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
+1. Let's go etch!