Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Sambaiah Kilaru <ks...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/16 23:00:28 UTC

issue with Oracle and openjpa1.2.1

Hi,
  We are using Oracle database and openjpa1.2.1 with tomcat in an application.
  Having trouble with the error
  Caused by: <openjpa-1.2.1-r752877:753278 nonfatal general error> org.apache.open
jpa.persistence.PersistenceException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

FailedObject: prepstmnt 30551515 INSERT INTO COORD_JOBS ( some thing goes here )
 [org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCStoreManager$CancelPreparedState
ment]
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.narrow(DBDictionary.java:423
2)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.newStoreException(DBDictiona
ry.java:4197)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java
:102)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java
:72)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.BatchingPreparedStatementManagerImpl.f
lushBatch(BatchingPreparedStatementManagerImpl.java:195)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.BatchingConstraintUpdateManager.flush(
BatchingConstraintUpdateManager.java:63)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.AbstractUpdateManager.flush(AbstractUp
dateManager.java:89)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.AbstractUpdateManager.flush(AbstractUp
dateManager.java:72)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCStoreManager.flush(JDBCStoreManage
r.java:717)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.flush(DelegatingStor
eManager.java:130)
        ... 44 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not e
xist

Any light thrown will be helpful.
thanks,
Sam

Re: issue with Oracle and openjpa1.2.1

Posted by Sambaiah Kilaru <ks...@gmail.com>.
Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
That's odd.

The exception is coming from Oracle, OpenJPA is just reporting it. Are you
using OpenJPA's internal datasources (openjpa.ConnectionDriverName,
openjpa.ConnectionURL, etc) or a datasource from JNDI?

-mike

Posted by Sambaiah Kilaru <ks...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sam,