Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joergen Larsen <ni...@dbmail.dk> on 2004/03/19 12:16:21 UTC

[users@httpd] router problem?

Hi
I have Apache 1.3.27 on a windows98 machine - "server1".
I have two other machines also win98.
It used to work fine before, while I was running this machine as a routing-machine with two networkcards connected respectively to a switch and the cablebox. (I am on a fibre-broadband connection - 10Mbs ).

Then I connected them all through a 3Com router.
And now I cant't see the user-folders (you know the tilde thing " ~ ").'
I can get to the main site http://www.nimmersoft.dk but not to the "user sub-sites" like http://www.nimmersoft.dk/~sandy . As I said it worked before I plugged this router in.
What can be wrong and how to fix it? I have disabled the router's built-in firewall. All thee machines are getting their IP addresses from the router.

And another thing Why can I not get to the site on the server-machine itself (which after all holds both the server and the site-folders, when I can do it on the two other machines.

Many Greetings Viele Gruesse Mange Hilsener
Lodrö Sangpo Joergen Larsen
www.nimmersoft.com www.nimmersoft.dk
Karmapa Chenno
OmManiPemeHung

Re: [users@httpd] router problem?

Posted by Luis Moreira <lu...@esinnovation.pt>.
I am not exactly an expert on redirection on Apache, but :

1) What is status code 322 ? I don't know it.
2) Isn't it 302 ?
3) Status code 301 is a "permanent redirect" status, and 302 a "not found" status.

On the log there has to be a text, and it should state something like this.

Aparently, you are trying to access a URL (cached ?) and getting a reply saying

1) It moved to a new location, permanently
2) The new location does not exist

Luis