Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Sudheer Vinukonda <su...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/09 17:34:26 UTC

Fixing TSHttpTxnPristineUrlGet() when TSSkipRemappingSet is used

Currently, the API TSHttpTxnPristineUrlGet() returns TS_ERROR, TSSkipRemappingSet() when is used. This is due to the fact that {{pristine_url}} is not created/populated when remap is skipped. This can be a problem for plugins that want to use both API simultaneously.
TS-3500 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-3500) proposes to fix the TSHttpTxnPristineUrlGet() API, to simply return the {{client_request}}'s URL, when {{pristine_url}} is not available.
Please provide any comments/suggestions. Thanks,

Sudheer
PS: Since, this is only fixing the *broken* API, I am assuming that the normal API review process is not required in this case. Please let me know if I should do one instead.

Re: Fixing TSHttpTxnPristineUrlGet() when TSSkipRemappingSet is used

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 9, 2015, at 8:34 AM, Sudheer Vinukonda <su...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Currently, the API TSHttpTxnPristineUrlGet() returns TS_ERROR, TSSkipRemappingSet() when is used. This is due to the fact that {{pristine_url}} is not created/populated when remap is skipped. This can be a problem for plugins that want to use both API simultaneously.
> TS-3500 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-3500) proposes to fix the TSHttpTxnPristineUrlGet() API, to simply return the {{client_request}}'s URL, when {{pristine_url}} is not available.

That makes sense to me. If there was no remapping then the request URL *is* the pristine URL.

> Please provide any comments/suggestions. Thanks,
>
> Sudheer
> PS: Since, this is only fixing the *broken* API, I am assuming that the normal API review process is not required in this case. Please let me know if I should do one instead.

It’s a grey area. I think that if it is raised on the list like this, then that’s fine.