Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Richard Gill <ti...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/11 17:58:14 UTC

Disable Caching

Does anyone know how to disable caching for the live site on a per
publication basis?

Re: Disable Caching

Posted by Richard Gill <ti...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response. We've put in a process where all of the pages
are exported to a static site and don't need or want pages to be
retreived from a cache.

Re: Disable Caching

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

solprovider@apache.org wrote:
> On 5/11/06, Richard Gill <ti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to disable caching for the live site on a per
>> publication basis?
>

> What version of Lenya?  And why?
>
> To fix caching so dynamic pages work for versions through Lenya 1.2.3, see:
> Disabling Caching for Dynamic Webpages
> http://solprovider.com/lenya/cache
>
> You can disable it completely by changing the map:when test in
> publication-sitemap.xmap so it is always false:
>   <map:when test="{global:cache-dir}/{../1}.html.disabled">
>
> Lenya 1.2.4 has the cache disabled by default.  Performance could be
> improved by using the limited caching from the above web page.
>
> If using Lenya 1.4, someone else needs to answer.
caching in 1.4 is disabled as well I believe.  1.4 does set a
last-modified header though and most browsers/caching proxies can use
this to calculate out how long to hold onto items.  If your caching
problem is in the browser, or outside of lenya, you might want to set a
cache-control header to "no-cache".

> solprovider

Re: Disable Caching

Posted by so...@apache.org.