Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Thomas Zastrow <ch...@thomas-zastrow.de> on 2003/12/04 19:31:57 UTC

Is it realy not possible ...

... to access the content - and not just an attribute -  of a tag via XPath? What I mean: the solution from Jarkko a thread above doesn't work ...
If it is so, I think Xindice is not realy usable? Please correct me!!

Gretings,

Tom

| So ein Unsinn sich einer Sekte anzuschliessen    |
| wenn man Bier zuhause hat                        |
|--------------------------------------------------|
| http://www.thomas-zastrow.de                     |

Re: AW: Is it realy not possible ...

Posted by Thomas Zastrow <ch...@thomas-zastrow.de>.
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:24:06 +0100
Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> wrote:

> the text() function gives the value of the text node.

Hello Antoine,

that looks good, a query like this works fine:

xindice xpath_query -c /db/corpora/taz -q "/corpus//token[text()]"

I hope that it is possible to expand this query in the way "Give me all tags which contains the String 'abc'" ... ???

Greetings and thanks,

AW: Is it realy not possible ...

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
the text() function gives the value of the text node.

Cheers,
Antoine