Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Fabiosakiyam <fa...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/25 14:20:08 UTC

Dynamic component?

Hello,

Sorry if this is already solved, but i couldn't find it, 'cause i don't
really know what is the name of this, that's why the subject is weird.

Ok so, im creating a new component (extends panel), and his .java is
something like this:

class Component {
    getType().buildContainer();
}

It builds a container, depending on it's type. At the moment i have to 2
types only.
And the component .html is something like this:

<wicket:panel>
</wicket:panel>

the first and second container have a .java and a .html as well, declaring
the fields, etc.
I want to know if it's possible to do what i'm trying at the component.html
, i mean, declaring all types of containers i have (but only 1 will be
built, at the getType().buildContainer()), and by declaring the wicket:id of
them, it will get the wicket:id from the fields declared at the container
too.

It's kinda confuse to explain, i hope someone understand.
Sorry for bad english.

Thanks.

Re: Dynamic component?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Fabiosakiyam <fa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this is already solved, but i couldn't find it, 'cause i don't
> really know what is the name of this, that's why the subject is weird.
>
> Ok so, im creating a new component (extends panel), and his .java is
> something like this:
>
> class Component {
>    getType().buildContainer();
> }
>
> It builds a container, depending on it's type. At the moment i have to 2
> types only.
> And the component .html is something like this:
>
> <wicket:panel>
> </wicket:panel>
>
> the first and second container have a .java and a .html as well, declaring
> the fields, etc.
> I want to know if it's possible to do what i'm trying at the component.html
> , i mean, declaring all types of containers i have (but only 1 will be
> built, at the getType().buildContainer()), and by declaring the wicket:id
> of
> them, it will get the wicket:id from the fields declared at the container
> too.
>
> It's kinda confuse to explain, i hope someone understand.
> Sorry for bad english.
>
> Thanks.

This is an XY problem [1].  You're asking "can I do this weird thing with a
panel".  Hard to say.  Why don't you explain to us what you're really
trying to accomplish.  My bet is that there is a much better way of doing
it than what you're asking about above.  That's the nature of XY problems.

[1] - http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=542341

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com

Re: Dynamic component?

Posted by Fabiosakiyam <fa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, using only 1 id for my panels worked. I tried this before, but i
wasnt using panels (containers instead).

Re: Dynamic component?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Just use one div and always use the same id (container for example).