Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Romain Gilles <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 14:40:55 UTC

Equinox vs Felix startup time

is there any body that can explain the difference between Equinox and Felix
startup time?
Does it due to a different approach of class loading?

There is a mention in the Karaf documentation about deadlock in Felix
during module dependency resolution. Does it exist also in equinox?

Thanks in advance,

Romain

Re: Equinox vs Felix startup time

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
A few weeks ago, I spent some time trying to tune up a bit the startup time
of karaf and made a few modifications to private copies of felix framework,
file install and karaf.  I'll try to bring them backs that they can be part
of the next releases, but those are not major modifications, so nothing
really magic to expect.

--
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Equinox vs Felix startup time