Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ray luo <rl...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/23 16:37:49 UTC

Is it possible to configure the ROOT application to point to the jetspeed web application in tomcat?

Hi there,

  I use tomcat standalone. I can run my portal application by URL http://localhost:8080/jetspeed. I want to know whether I can run it by URL http://localhost:8080 (just eliminate /jetspeed in URL). I don't want to use apache url rewriting. Anyone knows how to do it in tomcat standalone environment?

Thanks in advance,

Ray

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good

RE: Is it possible to configure the ROOT application to point to the jetspeed web application in tomcat?

Posted by David Pankros <dp...@miragy.com>.
If you're like me and just want the Jetspeed app to come up by default
(i.e. the URL isn't your requirement, the behavior is), you can always
make your default page in ROOT.war just do a meta refresh to /Jetspeed
in 0 seconds.  That's what I did and it works fine too.

Just one more option for you to consider.

Dave

9/22/2005

Re: Is it possible to configure the ROOT application to point to the jetspeed web application in tomcat?

Posted by Arthur D'Alessandro <ar...@gmail.com>.

 On 9/23/05, ray luo <rl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I use tomcat standalone. I can run my portal application by URL
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed. I want to know whether I can run it by URL
> http://localhost:8080 (just eliminate /jetspeed in URL). I don't want to
> use apache url rewriting. Anyone knows how to do it in tomcat standalone
> environment?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Ray

> Yahoo! for Good