Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2008/01/28 09:00:46 UTC

Re: new accomodation map entities Jira OFBIZ-1590 (was on the user mailing list)

Hi David,

i am not sure if you are now making it too big...adding scheduled
transportation also needs a 'from' and a 'to' destination which are
fields which are not present on the product yet....Then we need a
'regular schedule' which we have to add.....

The proposal we have now does not limit these extensions in the future.
Now we need it for restaurants to be able to accept reservations for
that.

Please see my other answers in-line below....

Regards,
Hans

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 22:11 -0700, David E Jones wrote:
> NOTE: I've moved this to the dev list from the user list because this
> is very clearly a discussion of enhancements to OFBiz itself.
>

> I've been looking over these a bit, and it seems like there are a few
> things outstanding with them so far, including:
>
> 1. the package-name should be the same as the FixedAsset entity as
> these really describe the FixedAssets used for transportation or lodging

sure should do that.

> 2. while we're at it we should create entities for Scheduled
> Transportation and Scheduled Transportation Offering
>
> 3. looking at the data model it appears that the Accommodation Map
> structure is meant to handle the Accommodation Spot concept, ie I
> don't think there is a need to distinguish those... but correct me if
> I'm wrong and I'm missing the distinction!

A accomodation plan is a kind of drawing of the accomodation, which
seats/table are where located. The number of spots and their description
vary in number and definition, therefore we need the accomodation spot.

> 4. while creating the entities we should also add corresponding seed
> data, including:
> 4.a. need an AccommodationTypeMap entity starting with types for Seat
> Map, and Room Map
> 4.b. for fixedAssetTypeId we should have Vehicle, Transportation
> Vehicle, Rental Vehicle, and Hotel
> 4.c. for ProductType we should have a bunch including:
> 4.c.1. Passenger Transportation Offering and sub types including:
> Flight Offering, Bus Offering, Train Offering, Ship Offering, Other
> Offering
> 4.c.2. misc such as Hotel Offering, Rental Car Offering, Amenities
> Offering, Other Travel Offering
> 4.d. RoleType: Travel Provider (if it's not already there)

sure we will do that.

> 5. some refinements in names would be good, like using
> "numberOfSpaces" instead of something more difficult to read and
> remember how it is shortened; also accommClassId might as well be
> accommodationClassId, and parentAccommClassId can be like other
> entities and just be parentClassId

good suggestion.

> 6. these entities are ONLY for modeling the travel offerings, ie the
> Products, and other changes/additions will be needed for the Order*
> and related entities, and for the ShoppingCart and related classes

at the moment as metioned in the proposal 2 fields need to be added to
workeffort and shoppingcart.

> I think that's my main feedback on this... just a few little
> things... ;)

thanks for the comments David, very usefull.

--
AntWebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates.....

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jan 28, 2008, at 1:00 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 22:11 -0700, David E Jones wrote:
>> 3. looking at the data model it appears that the Accommodation Map
>> structure is meant to handle the Accommodation Spot concept, ie I
>> don't think there is a need to distinguish those... but correct me if
>> I'm wrong and I'm missing the distinction!
>
> A accomodation plan is a kind of drawing of the accomodation, which
> seats/table are where located. The number of spots and their
> description
> vary in number and definition, therefore we need the accomodation
> spot.

What you're described is pretty much exactly what I understand the
Accommodation Map structure to be used for.

-David