Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh Landin <jl...@cyntact.com> on 2003/05/03 18:54:34 UTC

Form-based auth, session setup.

This seems to be a common question, but I've had no luck finding an answer
anywhere else. I have a webapp running on Tomcat 4.0.2 that uses form-based
authentication. I want to perform some actions when a user logs in (setup
their session, write to the db, etc). Since a given user's entry point to
the webapp can be any one of the resources contained within it, it would be
less than desirable to place code throughout the webapp in each jsp/etc to
perform this action. I still want the form-based auth to work as expected by
forwarding the user to the original request. The webapp uses a mixture of
Struts action-mappings, jsps, and servlets.

How is something like this achieved?

Using:
  Tomcat 4.0.2
  Struts 1.1 rc1