Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2016/10/27 14:02:28 UTC

Problems with unnecessary icla.pdf.asc and no public key

I’m processing the icla from Lorenz Buehmann for the jena project.

There are three problems:

1. The public key is not available so the signature validation doesn’t succeed. That’s fine. But I’d like to notify both Lorenz and the jena pmc about the missing public key. So the () upload public key should be a form with a project to fill.

2. When I tick the upload public key button and proceed, nothing ever happens.

3. The pdf was signed after all, making the public key unnecessary. But I cannot get rid of the icla.pdf.asc file in order to process the icla.pdf. I’ve tried selecting the icla.pdf.asc which is a dangerous content and <ctrl>delete but this deletes the message entirely. And a simple delete of the file doesn’t do anything. And if I try to just process the icla.pdf, it assumes that both the pdf and asc file should go into a directory.

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Problems with unnecessary icla.pdf.asc and no public key

Posted by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
> On Oct 27, 2016, at 7:02 AM, Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> I’m processing the icla from Lorenz Buehmann for the jena project.
>
> There are three problems:
>
> 1. The public key is not available so the signature validation doesn’t succeed. That’s fine. But I’d like to notify both Lorenz and the jena pmc about the missing public key. So the () upload public key should be a form with a project to fill.

Looking at the code, it seems that I need to modify parts.js.rb to add a form handler for incomplete, unsigned, and pubkey.

The three forms are identical except for the message to send after I fill the project. DRY principle says that the code should be the same with some initializer that tells the form which email template.erb to use.

I’ll try to hack on it and see what happens.

Craig

> 2. When I tick the upload public key button and proceed, nothing ever happens.
>
> 3. The pdf was signed after all, making the public key unnecessary. But I cannot get rid of the icla.pdf.asc file in order to process the icla.pdf. I’ve tried selecting the icla.pdf.asc which is a dangerous content and <ctrl>delete but this deletes the message entirely. And a simple delete of the file doesn’t do anything. And if I try to just process the icla.pdf, it assumes that both the pdf and asc file should go into a directory.
>
> Craig L Russell
> clr@apache.org

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org