Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com> on 2010/12/02 09:26:24 UTC

Unapproved licenses

Hi,

I'm running a new release process and during launching mvn
release:perform rat plugin reported unapproved license in
app/jboss-blank/pom.xml - Apache License Header is missing. The
strange thing is that it was already included in the latest 2.2.1
release. I'm suspecting it's because of I'm using Maven 3 to do that
;-)

And to be more mysterious, also main struts2-parent pom.xml is missing
the header but rat plugin isn't complaining :P

How to obey that without rollbacking all the changes and adding
required headers?

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

PS. Anyway it's a huge work for the future to adjust project to Maven 3 :D

Re: Unapproved licenses

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2010/12/5 Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>:
>> "Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the \"License\")"
>
> Comparing that with what's written here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
>
> suggests that it's wrong, but it looks to me like that RAT code may be
> looking for something that *used* to be considered correct, and
> therefore probably exists in a lot of places.
>
> Note that the RAT source you're referring to is itself old, and has
> been replaced by what's in the Incubator. The project page for it
> clearly states "This project is being retained only for history
> purposes.". We need to be using what's in the Incubator, not what's
> known to be obsolete.

The latest Apache version is also looking for the same header but it
also looks for an url - either first or second must be correct.

And my problem was related to wrong url for scm tag in pom, I've
updated all of them and the release is almost ready to Vote. The last
problem are the missing asc files for OSGi bundles. I have them
locally, but they haven't been uploaded to the staging repository.
I've already asked guys from INFRA and waiting.... (d... :P)

Regards

Re: Unapproved licenses

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Unapproved licenses