Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Kalaigar Salam <ka...@oracle.com> on 2013/08/26 16:24:29 UTC

Question on deploying custom JCA Resource Adapter to TomEE.

Dear all,

have a custom resource adapter called "SiebelResourceAdapter", I am able to deploy it to WebLogic server.  Now I want to deploy this resource adapter to TomEE (I have TomEE server version 7.0.37 installed and able to bring up home page).

Following is the directory structure for the RA I have for Weblogic.   Siebel.jar has the class related to implementation of RA.

SiebelResourceAdapter
SiebelResourceAdapter\META-INF

SiebelResourceAdapter\META-INF\ra.xml

SiebelResourceAdapter\META-INF\weblogic-ra.xml

SiebelResourceAdapter\Siebel.jar

Could you please let me know

1.       what is the directory structure for TomEE.

2.       Where to place my SiebelResourceAdapter directory (or How to deploy).

3.       What is the file on TomEE parallel to weblogic's weblogic-ra.xml (tomee.xml?).

4.       What are the TomEE configuration files I need to update to get this RA up on TomEE.

I am new to TomEE if you could give me an example with all configuration will be greatly helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Abdul Salam

Re: Question on deploying custom JCA Resource Adapter to TomEE.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

did you try to put it in apps/ (folder to create if not exists, same level
as webapps)?

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Posted by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com>.
I worked on a JCA adapter recently and got it running in weblogic and tomee.

some links that might help...

http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/openejb-not-destroying-ManagedConnections-on-shutdown-td4658799.html#a4658979

http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/How-do-i-deploy-a-ManagedConnectionFactory-in-a-war-file-td4659993.html

https://github.com/httpants/jcatest

one cool feature of tomee that no other container has Is the ability to
package a rar in a war (non standard feature but extremely useful in some
cases)!  Other containers only support rar in ear.

Re: Question on deploying custom JCA Resource Adapter to TomEE.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi