Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sunil G <su...@apache.org> on 2017/04/03 09:49:41 UTC

Upgrading minimum version of Maven to 3.1 from 3.0

Hi Folks,

Recently we were doing build framework up-gradation for Yarn Ui. In order
to compile yarn-ui on various architectures, we were using
frontend-maven-plugin 0.0.22 version.
However build is failing in *ppc64le.* If we could use latest version of
frontend-maven-plugin, we could resolve this error. (such as using 1.1
version). But this requires maven version 3.1 minimum. YARN-6421 is
tracking this issue, and we thought we can propose to upgrade to maven 3.1

Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks
+ Sunil

Re: Upgrading minimum version of Maven to 3.1 from 3.0

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Based on the positive feedback from Junping, filed HADOOP-14285 for the
update.
Discussion can continue in the JIRA.

Thanks,
Akira