Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/30 18:14:47 UTC

STOMP login and passcode character limitations?

Hi,

The STOMP protocol definition does not specify a set of legal
characters for the login and passcode headers (that I can see) on the
CONNECT frame.

However, I was wondering whether ActiveMQ enforces any restrictions
regarding the set of legal characters for the two headers mentioned,
and other headers in general? If so, what is the set?

Thanks,
Paul

Re: STOMP login and passcode character limitations?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Nothing specific to login/passcode.

In general, number of headers is limited to 1000, and size of a single
header is limited to 10K. Otherwise they're treated as strings as far as i
can tell.

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog