Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/05/15 13:42:09 UTC

Fwd: Using JAXP to do chained transformations

Not ACKd.
As always, general Xalan questions are best sent to the
xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org list, not to individual developers.

-----  -----
Filipe Correia <ei...@fe.up.pt>
      Hello,

   I'm using JAXP and I think you might be able to help me in the following
issue.
I'm using it to make several transformations over one XML stream. I was
originally using a Filter
architecture ( http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/samples.html#usexmlfilters )
to do the transformations but I
see some advantages in using a Pipe architecture (
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/samples.html#pipe ).
Do you think there will be a big difference in terms of efficiency when
using one architecture over the other?

      Thanks in advance for your help,

             Filipe Correia

PS: I'm not sure you're the right person to ask this to; please excuse me
if thats true. If this is the case, do you
 know where I can get some help on this issue?