Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vadym Chepkov <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/07 11:05:40 UTC

How to migrate only HEAD revision to a new repository

Hi,

It seems like a trivial task, but I wasn't able to find a proper solution.
We store a big set of configuration files in an svn repository. Now I want to start a fresh repository and migrate all these files into a new repository, but without preserving history, only the HEAD of this directory. I know I could just export/import into an new repository, but this wouldn't preserve all my custom properties and standard properties, like svn:keywords, svn:eol-style, etc. How I can accomplish this task properly? Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
  Vadym Chepkov

RE: Re: Re: How to migrate only HEAD revision to a new repository

Posted by Vadym Chepkov <ch...@yahoo.com>.
the path I 'include' doesn't have any tags or branches,
I want to just just get rid of excessive history that has no value to me.

I take it I will have to do export/import and write a script that will go recursively and populate properties I would like to keep :(

Re: Re: How to migrate only HEAD revision to a new repository

Posted by Henrik Sundberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Vadym Chepkov <ch...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried
> svnadmin dump -rHEAD /var/svn/repos | svndumpfilter include configs --renumber-revs
> --skip-missing-merge-sources --drop-empty-revs
>
> But I get this error then:
> svndumpfilter: No valid revision range 'start' in filtered stream

Won't your new repository consist of full copies of all tags/branches
when you do like this?
I.e. Isn't it likely that the head only repo will be bigger than the full repo?

/$

Re: How to migrate only HEAD revision to a new repository

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Nov 7, 2009, at 21:53, Vadym Chepkov wrote:

> Unfortunately, this creates a dump with a bogus Revision-number (I
> would like to start with 1)

I'm surprised it did not start with 1. What did it start with?

> also it has bogus svn:mergeinfo I need to drop. Do I have to edit
> dump file manually or there is an "approved" tool to accomplish this
> task?

svndumptool is a good tool for manipulating dumpfiles. It may be able
to help you.

http://svn.borg.ch/svndumptool/

RE: Re: How to migrate only HEAD revision to a new repository

Posted by Vadym Chepkov <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Unfortunately, this creates a dump with a bogus Revision-number (I would like to start with 1), also it has bogus svn:mergeinfo I need to drop. Do I have to edit dump file manually or there is an "approved" tool to accomplish this task?

Posted by Lars Tiefland <lt...@gmail.com>.