Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Ömer Faruk Ak <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/13 21:51:22 UTC

Run Syncope in embedded mode

I'm trying to start up Syncope in basic embedded mode. Firstly i download
it from here:http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html then install maven to
my Ubuntu 12.04 from repo. Then with maven 3 i build syncope with this
settings

mvn archetype:generate \
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.syncope \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=syncope-archetype \
-DarchetypeRepository=http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 \
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0.5

from here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Create+a+new+Syncope+project
then
run this command:

mvn clean package

Finally i want to try console demo and from this page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+embedded+mode
used this command

mvn -P embedded

it build project again and gives this warning:

[WARNING] The requested profile "embedded" could not be activated
because it does not exist.

How can i run this application?

--
Ömer Faruk AK
faruk@iyte.net

Re: Run Syncope in embedded mode

Posted by Ömer Faruk AK <om...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, my fault. It's working as you say now. :)

Posted by Ömer Faruk AK <om...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ömer Faruk AK <om...@gmail.com>.
In tomcat/lib we have jdbc connector. And our bundles directory was empty,
still syncope can connect to mysql db i know because it created some
tables. So now i'm confused, why i'm getting this error

 Unexpected RuntimeException

Last cause: List of choices is null - Was the supplied 'Choices' model empty?

WicketMessage: Exception in rendering component: [DropDownChoice
[Component id = dropDownChoiceField]]

Posted by Jesse van Bekkum <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ömer Faruk AK <om...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ömer Faruk AK <om...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for information.

Now i'm trying to run on ubuntu server at Apache Tomcat. I completed your
wiki exactly. But when i deploy syncope-console always gives session
expired error and for syncope application, tomcat web application manager
says *FAIL - Application at context path /syncope could not be started*
*
*

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ömer Faruk AK <om...@gmail.com>.