Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/03 23:13:17 UTC

cascading feature uninstall option

Is there a cascading feature:uninstall option?  I checked --help and didn't
see it.

I mean if you have bundles and features in a single feature.xml, currently
if you feature:uninstall that feature it will only uninstall the bundles
embedded in it, not necessarily the other embedded features.

I'd like an option that will uninstall everything...

Re: cascading feature uninstall option

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes on Karaf 4, and I created a Jira for -r (recursive) backport on
Karaf 3 (use at your own risk).

Regards
JB

On 12/03/2014 11:13 PM, asookazian2 wrote:
> Is there a cascading feature:uninstall option?  I checked --help and didn't
> see it.
>
> I mean if you have bundles and features in a single feature.xml, currently
> if you feature:uninstall that feature it will only uninstall the bundles
> embedded in it, not necessarily the other embedded features.
>
> I'd like an option that will uninstall everything...

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: cascading feature uninstall option

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
No,
as usually features are used by more then one other feature so in that case
you would have to keep track of all the depending other features etc..

regards, Achim

> Is there a cascading feature:uninstall option?  I checked --help and didn't
> see it.
>
> I mean if you have bundles and features in a single feature.xml, currently
> if you feature:uninstall that feature it will only uninstall the bundles
> embedded in it, not necessarily the other embedded features.
>
> I'd like an option that will uninstall everything...

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>