Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com> on 2013/12/18 02:15:40 UTC

interacting with navigator from outside view stack

I have an actionscript class that runs a function on a timed interval.
There is no way to tell what view the user will be on when the function is
run.

I would like to push the user to a view from within this function when
certain conditions are met.  I have tried this, but it won't compile.

FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.navigator.pushView(TaskFeed);

Is there a way to do this?  Is there a way to interact with views from
outside the views package?

Thanks,

Mark Fuqua

mark@availdata.com

2301 Mount Carmel Road

Parkton,  MD  21120

(410) 215-7356

www.availdata.com

Re: interacting with navigator from outside view stack

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
What error are you getting?  Is navigator a ViewStack?  I don't think it
has pushView.  There is addChild and selectedIndex.

Is this a mobile app?  IIRC, timers can drain battery.  If not, consider
using a data model to represent the UI state.  Then the timer changes the
model and the view reacts accordingly.