Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com> on 2011/04/07 16:10:00 UTC

How does it work?

I've read the official rules
(http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html) and I am aware of how
Apache projects in general work.
If I read it right, those rules are flexible and may vary by project.
It seems they're saying no one is in charge of any project, they're run
by groups of people.
Is there a list of people with rights to make changes to the FOP
project, to the program files and/or the web site?
Is there a min/max number of people for that group?
Does everyone who gets the rights to make changes have the rights to
give someone else rights (after they can pass a group vote)?

Re: How does it work?

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi Eric,

FOP team is described here: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/team.html

Every FOP commiter (active or not) can commit to either FOP code or FOP
Web site.

Theree is no limit of people.

Giving someone commiter right access follows these steps:
 - canditature proposed by a team member,
 - vote,
 - if vote pass, access is given to him by Apache Infrastructure team.

--
Pascal