Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/25 20:50:43 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Abdera v-0.1.0-incubating

The Apache Abdera community is pleased to announce its first developer
preview release (version 0.1.0-incubating)

You can download binary and source distributions from:

http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/abdera/0.1.0-incubating

Builds are available for Java 1.5 and Java 1.4.2.

For further information, visit our web site at:
http://incubator.apache.org/abdera

Introduction
required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates
that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process
have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF
projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project
has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Release Summary
===============

 * Parsing Atom Syndication Format 1.0 Feeds
 * Serializing Atom Syndication Format 1.0 Feeds
 * Extension support
 * XML Digital Signature and XML Encryption support
 * High performance incremental parsing model
 * Feed Object Model API

Please feel free to send any feedback to our mailing lists:
abdera-dev@incubator.apache.org
abdera-user@incubator.apache.org

Any contribution in the form of coding, testing, improving the
documentation, and reporting bugs is always welcome. For more
information on how to get involved with the development of Abdera, visit
our website at: http://incubator.apache.org/abdera

Thank you for your interest in Apache Abdera!

- James Snell

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Abdera v-0.1.0-incubating

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 8/25/06, Gav.... <br...@brightontown.com.au> wrote:
> Just checking, but I don't think your /gettingstarting.html page is upto
> date any more with the changes you have been making lately i.e. I thought
> That you had got rid of Parser.INSTANCE etc.
>
> Haven't checked the other pages yet.

The Parser.INSTANCE stuff isn't in this release.

-garrett

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Abdera v-0.1.0-incubating

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
Just checking, but I don't think your /gettingstarting.html page is upto
date any more with the changes you have been making lately i.e. I thought
That you had got rid of Parser.INSTANCE etc.

Haven't checked the other pages yet.

Gav...