Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pete <pe...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/26 17:48:05 UTC

M2 Ear plugin - do you need to list everything

I just wanted to confirm the best usage of the maven-ear-plugin

I want to avoid restating all component artifacts here if possible.

So I started off with <dependency> s just for my web app WARs such
that the transistive dependency checking would pick up the server side
EJB jars.

In the <plugin> section I started off using the maven-ear-plugin with just

<configuration>
 <archive>
    <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
 </archive>
<configuration>

This seemed to be ok all WARs and EJBs appeared in the EAR without
needed to state them all.

I just needed to add <javaModule> excluded for the Sun J2EE jars - ok.

Then I noticed the JAR names have the suffix 1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar etc, I
believe I can modify the names using :-

<ejbModule>
     <bundleFileName>myejb.jar</bundleFileName>
</ejbModule>

but this means I need to state all components.

1) Is this the approach I need i.e. list all ejb artifacts as <ejbModule> ?
2) My Maven builr .WAR files don't have a  suffix 1.0-SNAPSHOT.war ,
even though the pom.xml for this artifact has
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

Re: M2 Ear plugin - do you need to list everything

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pete,

No, you don't need to specifiy all components, you just need to identify the
component you want to customize, see:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/howto.html

Thanks,
Stéphane

On 10/26/05, Pete <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to confirm the best usage of the maven-ear-plugin
>
> I want to avoid restating all component artifacts here if possible.
>
> So I started off with <dependency> s just for my web app WARs such
> that the transistive dependency checking would pick up the server side
> EJB jars.
>
> In the <plugin> section I started off using the maven-ear-plugin with just
>
> <configuration>
> <archive>
> <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
> </archive>
> <configuration>
>
> This seemed to be ok all WARs and EJBs appeared in the EAR without
> needed to state them all.
>
> I just needed to add <javaModule> excluded for the Sun J2EE jars - ok.
>
> Then I noticed the JAR names have the suffix 1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar etc, I
> believe I can modify the names using :-
>
> <ejbModule>
> <bundleFileName>myejb.jar</bundleFileName>
> </ejbModule>
>
> but this means I need to state all components.
>
> 1) Is this the approach I need i.e. list all ejb artifacts as <ejbModule>
> ?
> 2) My Maven builr .WAR files don't have a suffix 1.0-SNAPSHOT.war ,
> even though the pom.xml for this artifact has
> <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

.::You're welcome ::.