Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com> on 2021/04/08 12:05:21 UTC

Abrupt stop of application on using sql

Hi Team,

We are using sql queries and sql feature of C++ for our existing cache data
on our application.
The code runs perfectly fine on AMD linux version but on ARM machine, it
abruptly stops the application , after few entries in the DB.
If we try to again start the application, it again stops it until we clear
the DB and run the application.
I am attaching the ignite logs here for your reference.
Can you please have a look and let us know the probable reason for this
abrupt stop? and possible solution to this?
There is no error or exception on terminal when application is stopped.

regards,
Rakshita Chaudhary ignite-acbac2f8.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2857/ignite-acbac2f8.log>
ignite-c372f3e8.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2857/ignite-c372f3e8.log>

Re: Abrupt stop of application on using sql

Posted by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com>.
Hi Ilya,

No hs_err logs are being generated.
No information on terminal as well, its just a stop of application.

Regards,
Rakshita chaudhary

Re: Abrupt stop of application on using sql

Posted by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com>.
Hi Team,

Can you please respond to my query above?

regards,
Rakshita Chaudhary

Re: Abrupt stop of application on using sql

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

This sounds like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8702

Maybe there are some issues left with poll versus select, or maybe it is
your own code that is using select() instead of poll()

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

You still did not respond about the return code of the process.

I recommend attaching a debugger to the process to see what happens.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

You should probably decrease maxSize until you stop seeing this issue, and
then some more.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

How many nodes do you have?

Maybe when you start killing nodes, remaining nodes start rebalancing data
and they keep more data locally than fits in your memory.

The recommendation stays the same - decrease your data regions' and heap
size until it fits comfortably in the available memory to not trigger
OOMKiller.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

What is the return code of the Java process?

I recommend checking dmesg output for OOMKiller messages. Seems to be a
popular failure mode these days.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com>.
Hi Team,

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Are there hs_err_pid*.log files around after the abrupt stopping? If there
are, please share the latest one.

Ilya Kasnacheev