Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by minisoft_rm <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2017/08/09 16:47:51 UTC

performance of jdbc mode

dear ignite gurus,
    I have 2 questions about ignite jdbc:

1. why ignite creates two jdbc driver: jdbc thin vs. jdbc client node

2. I tried the jdbc client node driver lots of times on loading data from
Oracle. it is about 6k+ rows. and the sql statement -  "select xxx/count
(*)" takes more ms than query from oracle directly. for instance: select
count(*) takes 300ms.... but takes 30ms on oracle directly.

so please clarify the ignite jdbc performance advantage, thanks really ~~~

Re: performance of jdbc mode

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
1. These are just two different protocols for communication between client
and cluster. With current implementations of both, client node would most
likely provide better performance. We're already working on new thin client
implementation though.

2. Can you provide the exact query you run, execution plan and
configuration? Generally, keep in mind that Ignite will provide better
improvement under high load which needs to be scaled across nodes. If you
execute one simple query, it will unlikely be faster than Oracle. However,
the fact that it's 10 times slower is weird.

-Val