Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com> on 2013/05/01 22:58:36 UTC

[VOTE] RC2 for Apache Curator, version 2.0.0-incubating

This is the RC2 for Apache Curator, version 2.0.0-incubating

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday, May 3, 2013.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for convenience.

Link to release notes:
* no release notes as this is the first release *

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~randgalt/staging/rc2/

Binary artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecurator-160/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-curator.git;a=tag;h=9bd468d1eafeae5f1da1a64a93e4bb459c133a15

Curator's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/curator/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] RC2 for Apache Curator, version 2.0.0-incubating

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
done

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 10:48:53AM -0700, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:
> OK - hopefully I did this right. My INFRA tickets tend to get closed as incorrect.

Looks like you are good to go!

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
The Incubator website says that podling distributions go to: www.apache.org/dist/incubator

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#glossary-podling-dist

Is that incorrect?

-JZ

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 01:58:36PM -0700, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:
> Staging repo:
> http://people.apache.org/~randgalt/staging/rc2/

A suggestion for next time... (and this should not invalidate your vote)

Many projects choose to use the
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/...  svn location to stage
release candidate artifacts.  It makes it easier to then to an svn mv
into the actual release location.  It's cleaner than using the p.a.o/~
location in some regards.