Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/30 19:52:22 UTC

Looking for feedback on moving JMS code to their own packages.

Since JMS depends on Java EE APIs, it would make sense to place them in
their own packages similar to how the db code is handled. I know they work
fine as is, but it makes it easier to segregate optional dependencies. This
would be useful for OSGi so that we can use the full set of metadata
available without requiring all the optional dependencies in the
Import-Package attribute.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Looking for feedback on moving JMS code to their own packages.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Also, JMX code is already in its own package :)

Posted by Ralph Goers <rg...@apache.org>.
Oops, sorry.

Ralph

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
JMS, not JMX.

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
I disagree.  Why would you want to do that? When you have a production issue and you need to look inside the server to see what is going on you cannot restart the process to enable JMX... I really think it should be on by default.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.