Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ca...@gru.com on 2003/10/27 19:11:12 UTC

project.xml jelly support

I think I read something in the mail archive about the project.xml being
just a big jelly script?  In that message (I believe it from Jason), there
was a warning not to abuse this fact...for our own good. :-)  Anyway, I
wanted to find out the level of jelly support provided in the project.xml.
Does this mean that I can use the following:

<project xmlns:j="jelly:core">

  .

  .

  .

  <dependencies>

    .

    .

    .

    <j:import uri="parent-calculated-dependencies.xml" />

  </dependencies>

</project>

If so, I'm missing something, because the parser appears to ignore this
tag...

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

John Casey

Re: project.xml jelly support

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 13:11, CaseyJD@gru.com wrote:
> I think I read something in the mail archive about the project.xml being
> just a big jelly script?  In that message (I believe it from Jason), there
> was a warning not to abuse this fact...for our own good. :-)  Anyway, I
> wanted to find out the level of jelly support provided in the project.xml.
> Does this mean that I can use the following:

I would actually like to leave interpolation on in the project.xml but I
would like to remove the use of Jelly being available simply to prevent
any problems from occuring in the future.

Jelly for the most part is desired because of other shortcomings in the
core and some do see it as useful but I think in the long run it would
be a mistake to allow Jelly use in the POM.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: project.xml jelly support

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
project.xml is not a jelly script.

You can only specify properties, e.g. ${a.b.c} in it, not use jelly
taglibs.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Pub Key:http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/public-key.asc