Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Hari P Kandasamy <hk...@jcpenney.com> on 2008/03/17 19:54:04 UTC

Performance testing Websphere MQ

Hi,

We have built a new java based Websphere MQ system. I want to test the
performance of this system.
In the actual scenario I've around 10 systems(which includes mainframe
and java) sending both synchronous and asynchronous messages to my new
system.
I've developed a workload model for these messages.
I want to know whether we can simulate these loads in JMeter and measure
the performance.

Hari

Re: Performance testing Websphere MQ

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/03/2008, Hari P Kandasamy <hk...@jcpenney.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We have built a new java based Websphere MQ system. I want to test the
>  performance of this system.
>  In the actual scenario I've around 10 systems(which includes mainframe
>  and java) sending both synchronous and asynchronous messages to my new
>  system.
>  I've developed a workload model for these messages.
>  I want to know whether we can simulate these loads in JMeter and measure
>  the performance.

Note that JMeter is designed to handle synchronous protocols only -
callbacks are not supported.

I suggest you create a sample test plan which exercises all the
different types of messages to see how JMeter works for you.