Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gaurav Agarwal <ga...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 05:40:46 UTC

Regarding Custom Partitioner

Hello

I created Custom partitioner for my need implemented Partitioner interface

Override this method
public int partition(Object key, int a_numPartitions){

return partitionId;
}

We have something called as

We are using key as correlationId, That will be unique for each message  .
KeyedMessage<byte[],byte[]> data = new
KeyedMessage<byte[],byte[]>(
"topic",SerialationUtils.serialize(key),partitions,message);

so when i will say producer.send(keyedMessage{It will be message});

Will it call Custom Partitioner that i add in producerConfig and key and
partition
s will be same as in the partition method of Custom Partitioner ?

Please confirm and let me know.

Thanks