Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/08 17:00:21 UTC

Question about servicemix integration testing

Has anyone come up with a way to integration test with servicemix in order
to make sure that components that reference each other have the valid and
most current service names?  For example, I want to have a service be able
to be populated with a list of possible known service names that could be
deployed, I then want to query these to find out which ones are actually
deployed.  How can I guarentee that this service has a list of the correct
service names?  I know I can use some maven2 properties for consistency of
injecting service names, but what if a service is added but not added to the
list of possible services?  I don't want to find out this problem at
runtime.

Currently, I'm using the SU xbean.xml for the deployments of each of my
service units... should I move to putting my deployments into servicemix.xml?
Would that make it easier to make sure things are wired correctly?

Re: Question about servicemix integration testing

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 8, 2008 9:00 AM, Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone come up with a way to integration test with servicemix in order
> to make sure that components that reference each other have the valid and
> most current service names?  For example, I want to have a service be able
> to be populated with a list of possible known service names that could be
> deployed, I then want to query these to find out which ones are actually
> deployed.  How can I guarentee that this service has a list of the correct
> service names?  I know I can use some maven2 properties for consistency of
> injecting service names, but what if a service is added but not added to the
> list of possible services?  I don't want to find out this problem at
> runtime.
>
> Currently, I'm using the SU xbean.xml for the deployments of each of my
> service units... should I move to putting my deployments into servicemix.xml?
> Would that make it easier to make sure things are wired correctly?

Something you might want to take a look at is some work that James did
a while back to make this task a bit easier from within a JUnit test:

http://servicemix.apache.org/integration-testing-in-spring.html

I haven't used it myself but from looking at the source and docs it
seems to make integration testing a lot easier.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/