Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Taco Fleur <ta...@nella.net.au> on 2003/04/25 03:17:00 UTC

[users@httpd] could not bind to address 201.73.152.13:80

I have the following problem on START UP of the machine.

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> (730049)The requested address is not valid in its context. :
make_sock: could not bind to address 201.73.152.13:80 .

It's clear to me why this is happening, as the machine does not get the
IP untill the Dial Up connection is established (Which is after Apache
tries to start up as a service).
However before I RE INSTALLED this machine I had all this working and
apache would not give an error, but I'll be damned if I can remember
what I did to fix it.

My NIC has IP 169.254.26.246 if that's any help??

TIA

RE: [users@httpd] could not bind to address 201.73.152.13:80

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
First of all change your servername to localhost or 127.0.0.1
Second thing, make sure that IIS is not running, if you are running windows
based machine.
If you are running any *nix based machine, make sure that another instance
of Apache is already running, or that there's any other service running that
bound to port 80.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen