Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2014/11/19 18:05:22 UTC

[SDK] missing license headers in license file?

Hi,

Imagine that, me needing 'legal' advise ;-)

There are two files that came with the FlatSpark theme donation:

/frameworks/projects/flatspark/src/flatspark/assets/fonts/awesome/OFL.txt
and
/frameworks/projects/flatspark/src/flatspark/assets/fonts/lato/OFL.txt and

Rat complains about these not having an Apache license header. Now, since
it doesn't seem to make sense to as a license header to a license file,
what is the preferred course of action here?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [SDK] missing license headers in license file?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> /frameworks/projects/flatspark/src/flatspark/assets/fonts/awesome/OFL.txt
> and
> /frameworks/projects/flatspark/src/flatspark/assets/fonts/lato/OFL.txt

OFL is category B and as per [1] "Software under the following licenses may be included in binary form within an Apache product if the inclusion is appropriately labeled:"

Translation is that it just need to be added to LICENSE - see existing SDK license for an example.

BTW Fonts often have license info in the metadata, also legally you can't change something from an existing licence to Apache that would be a grave licensing error.

Thanks,
Justin

1,. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

Re: [SDK] missing license headers in license file?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/19/14, 2:04 PM, "Mahmoud Ali" <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think I'm a little late, from what I'm seeing this was just a problem
>with RAT and not with the licenses, right?

That’s my understanding.  Thanks for checking in.

-Alex

Re: [SDK] missing license headers in license file?

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
I think I'm a little late, from what I'm seeing this was just a problem
with RAT and not with the licenses, right?

Also, It looks like this is all resolved by now. If I can help with
anything on this, just let me know.

Re: [SDK] missing license headers in license file?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Reverted and added exclude.

Thanks for you patience! I won't claim to understand any of this, but I'm
glad we found an easy solution and managed to deflect and long drawn out
discussion ;-)

EdB

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.