Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com> on 2002/10/18 16:41:29 UTC

tiles definitions including other definitions

Morning All,

In the tiles documentation, under the put attribute, it says the type
can be "definition".  Does this only apply to the tag library usage of
put, or can I use this in the xml file like this:
(Thanks to James for Providing pretty output with struts-console!)

Notice the third definition would be the first with the second inside
it.

<definition name=".basicLayout"
               path="/Public/BasicLayout.jsp">
      <put name="title"
           value="MyWebsite.com"
           type="string"/>
      <put name="topnav"
           value="/Public/NavBar.jsp"/>
      <put name="body"
           value="Body Data&lt;br&gt;Hi"
           type="string"/>
      <put name="bottomnav"
           value="/Public/CopyRight.jsp"/>
   </definition>
   <definition name=".memberLayout1"
               path="/Members/MemberLayout1">
      <put name="header"
           value="Something Graphical Goes Here"
           type="string"/>
      <put name="content"
           value="Some Body Content Goes Here"
           type="string"/>
      <put name="highlight"
           value="A HighLight Box goes here."
           type="string"/>
   </definition>
   <definition name="tiles.members.layout1"
               extends=".basicLayout">
      <put name="topnav"
           value="/Members/NavBar.jsp"/>
      <put name="body"
           value=".memberLayout1"
           type="definition"/>
   </definition>

I think it would be extremely nice to do this, but When I try to forward
(via a forward Action) to tiles.members.layout1, I get the .basicLayout
but there is nothing in the body area.

Any comments Suggestions?
Thanks
Dennis

Re: tiles definitions including other definitions

Posted by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com>.
Thanks for letting me know that. I found a problem elsewhere and now it
works.

Posted by Adam Sherman <ad...@teachandtravel.com>.