Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Maxime Chassagneux <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/10 10:55:42 UTC

Drop rhino

Hi,

As JMeter 3.2 now use Java 1.8 I would like to drop the Rhino Javscript
engine in favor of nashor ( which is already an option today ).

It's mostly easy but I have a question about the BSFJavaScriptEngine class.
Is-it still used ? I don't understand how it work and where it's use.

Re: Drop rhino

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxime,
I think we need for now to keep backward compatibility.
We already switch to Nashorn in 3.2 by default, but some users may still
rely on Rhino.

So for 3.2, let's keep it and probably inform we will drop it in 3.3 or 4.0
if a consensus is reached on this.

Thanks.

--
Cordialement.