Posted to scm@geronimo.apache.org by Jesse Beaumont <Je...@edina.co.uk> on 2003/11/19 21:58:36 UTC

maven run:main

Hi,

I've having trouble getting maven run:main to work.  Whenever I run it I
get a stack trace:

    [java] 20:55:25,383 WARN  [DeploymentController] Unable to complete
deployment job 1
    [java] org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentException:
[Geronimodeployment:role=DeploymentScanner]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type does not have a registered
property editor or a String constructor: type=[Ljava.net.URL;
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.task.DeployGeronimoMBean.perform(D
eployGeronimoMBean.java:169)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentPlan.execute(DeploymentP
lan.java:107)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentController.executePlans(
DeploymentController.java:270)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentController.executeJob(De
ploymentController.java:194)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentController.access$200(De
ploymentController.java:89)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.DeploymentController$DeploymentWai
ter.run(DeploymentController.java:324)
    [java]      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
    [java] Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type does not
have a registered property editor or a String constructor:
type=[Ljava.net.URL;
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.service.ParserUtil.getValue(ParserUtil.java:3
54)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.service.ParserUtil.translateArgs(ParserUtil.j
ava:396)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.service.ParserUtil.instantiate(ParserUtil.jav
a:419)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.deployment.task.DeployGeronimoMBean.perform(D
eployGeronimoMBean.java:152)
    [java]      ... 6 more

Is this just my copy or is this working for others?  I just got the
latest CVS release to try it again and it still gives me the same stack
trace.  Any ideas?

Jesse

---  Disclaimer  ---

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by a Director of Edina Software, this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please contact the sender immediately.

Re: maven run:main

Posted by Matthew David Kurjanowicz <mk...@cc.gatech.edu>.
I think a clean checkout may be in order - recentlt there have been a lot
of changes to the deployer, some over a span of a few hours, and you may
have updated/checked out at the wrong time.  I've run in to that problem a
few times generating the website.

-Matt
Matt Kurjanowicz
mkurjano at cc.gatech.edu