Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Siamak Kolahi <sk...@amquant.com> on 2013/11/19 06:15:35 UTC

Defining a boosted filed in schema.xml

Hi there,

Is is possible to define a field type that is inherently boosted?
I am aware of the query time boosting and index-time boosting in update
messages. But I am looking to define a field that is boosted by definition,
and the boost score does not have to be given at updating message. That
sound redundancy that feels more to be captured at a field definition in
schema, and get used when any document with that field is indexed . Is it
not?

I use both dataimport and message indexing.

Thanks,
Siamak

Re: Defining a boosted filed in schema.xml

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Is there a more specific reason why query time boosting is not serving your
needs? If you define it in default parameters or in invariable parameters,
it will apply the boosting for each query that goes through that handler
endpoint. E.g. for edismax:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#qf_.28Query_Fields.29

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)