Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by zoicas <zo...@medialab.sissa.it> on 2009/04/24 12:00:12 UTC

upgrading to torque 3.3

Hello all

We have a software project using torque 3.0 and mysql 4.0.24. Could somebody
tell  me if  there  is any documentation  regarding  upgrading  torque  from
version 3.0 to version 3.3?

regards
rst

RE: upgrading to torque 3.3

Posted by Greg Monroe <Gr...@dukece.com>.
As Thomas F. said, there are no written guides for this.

However, if I remember right, you will need to first make sure that
your XML matches the new DTD.  There probably have been some changes
between those versions.

Second, you will need to review and translate your build and
runtime configuration property files to the new version.  Somewhere
around 3.1 or 3.2 there was a significant restructuring of the
keys used for these.

This should get you to a workable set of DB classes.  You may then
see some compile issues if there have been any major changes in how
the new generated code interacts with your code.  You might also be
on the lookout for any use of Deprecated methods, etc.

As always, with a major shift like this... test, test, test...

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.

RE: upgrading to torque 3.3

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
> We have a software project using torque 3.0 and mysql 4.0.24. Could
somebody
> tell  me if  there  is any documentation  regarding  upgrading  torque
from
> version 3.0 to version 3.3?

Sorry, there is no such guide. But perhaps the changes report can help
you:

http://db.apache.org/torque/changes-report.html

   Thomas