Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by ni...@digitalesp.com on 2001/08/09 17:21:55 UTC

Problems with VB Client.

Hi all,

I am having troubles getting out of the shoot here. I have created a WSDL
for a StatelessEJB with one method exposed:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<definitions name="ExpenseService" targetNamespace="
http://www.digitalesp.com/services" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:tns="
http://www.digitalesp.com/services" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema">
  <message name="InsaveExpenseSheetStringRequest">
    <part name="saveRequestString" type="xsd:string"/>
  </message>
  <message name="OutsaveExpenseSheetStringResponse">
    <part name="result" type="xsd:string"/>
  </message>
  <portType name="ExpenseServicePortType">
    <operation name="saveExpenseSheetString">
      <input message="tns:InsaveExpenseSheetStringRequest"/>
      <output message="tns:OutsaveExpenseSheetStringResponse"/>
    </operation>
  </portType>
  <binding name="ExpenseServiceBinding" type="tns:ExpenseServicePortType">
    <soap:binding style="rpc" transport="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
    <operation name="saveExpenseSheetString">
      <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <input>
        <soap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
" namespace="urn:ExpenseService" use="encoded"/>
      </input>
      <output>
        <soap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
" namespace="urn:ExpenseService" use="encoded"/>
      </output>
    </operation>
  </binding>
  <service name="ExpenseService">
    <documentation>DigitalESP Expense Application Web Service Definition
File</documentation>
    <port binding="tns:ExpenseServiceBinding" name="ExpenseServicePort">
      <soap:address location="http://locahost:8080/soap2.1/rpcrouter"/>
    </port>
  </service>
</definitions>

I have a VB client that uses the high level API (MSSOAP2.0 beta 2 I
believe):

Private Function sendSOAPRequestHighLevel(ByRef payload As String) As
String

Dim soapClient
Dim response

On Error Resume Next

Set soapClient = CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient")
Call soapClient.mssoapinit
("http://localhost:8080/soap2.1/services/ExpenseService.wsdl",
"ExpenseService", "ExpenseServicePort", "")
'Call soapClient.mssoapinit
("http://localhost:8080/soap2.1/services/ExpenseService.wsdl", "", "", "")
response = soapClient.saveExpenseSheetString(payload)

If Err <> 0 Then
    sendSOAPRequestHighLevel = Err.Description
Else
    sendSOAPRequestHighLevel = response
End If

End Function

Unfortunately teh call is never making it to RPCRouterServlet. I keep
getting a "Application-defined or object-defined error" reported by my
client before it makes the call. I assume there is somethign wrong with my
WSDL?

Any help is appreciated.

Keith